Saturday, March 28, 2009

My Turn!

This story has two different settings. Lisa gets the Seattle Squares. I'm in the Hoosier Heartland. I already know who has the better setting. No need to rub it in.

This story also has two different characters.

You've already met Lisa.

I'm Ami. I'm the younger sister. Not quite as smart. Not quite as organized. And I had quite a hard time finding what I needed to get started.

Well, I guess that's only a half-truth. The peat moss was no problem.

However, I called over THIRTY places here in Central Indiana to find the Vermiculite. If you need some, try G & M Pet & Garden Center in Muncie. Call ahead to make sure they have it.

I called just as many places to locate different kinds of compost. Here is what I ended up getting from Lowes and Wal-mart (only four kinds...please don't tell Mel...he's very strict about this):


We started mixing our mix last Thursday night. Our tarp was too small (buy a VERY large tarp if you plan to mix it on a tarp), and it took us hours to get two batches done.

Before

After

So, we waited until a very-windy-today to mix up the other four batches. Let's just say that I fought the tarp (a new, improved, very large tarp that turned into a kite), and the tarp won. Good thing I have Jason.

Here are some of our beautiful boxes (with weed cloth flapping in the breeze).


1 comment:

  1. Your boxes look beautiful! We love sfg! I pray your garden is bountiful! Have fun!

    ReplyDelete