Saturday, April 4, 2009

Please, please, peas, please!

Last weekend I decided to plant my snap peas. I love fresh peas!

One square can hold 8 pea plants. I decided to plant one or two peas in each hole. I figure my chances of having them grow would be better.

Two days ago, we had a torrential down pour & the first thing I thought was,"Oh no! My peas have washed away!" Yesterday morning I went to check on the peas. They were still there, but the dirt had washed away. I recovered them with the soil & hoped for the best. There is a section in the book that gives instructions on how to build a cage/cover for the 4'x4' boxes. Seattle is well known for it's rain. This morning, I'm headed out to buy my list of supplies and build the cages/covers. Wish me luck!

1 comment:

  1. Good luck on the cage covers! I can't wait to see them. :)

    ReplyDelete