Thursday, April 8, 2010

Dog House

In the back corner of the yard, sits a dog house.  It's cute, but the area is usually overrun by weeds by mid May.


As I started cleaning out my seeds from last year, I thought it was a shame that so many seeds did not get planted. 

Hmmm....


Why not try to plant them?  Milk is good for several days past the expiration and eggs for several weeks.  Could these seeds grow?


Instead of the dog house corner being overrun by weeds, wouldn't it be a sight to see sunflowers, arugula, carrots, peas, radishes, onions, yellow tomatoes and zucchini overrunning the area instead?


Who knows.  I may spend hours turning the dirt, loosening it and then adding nutrients only to have the weeds grow even taller this year.


As I sit dumping each expired seed pack into a Ziploc bag, I couldn't help but wonder - what if the seeds grow?

No comments:

Post a Comment